GT Pro Series | Season 9 ends now.

Moderator: rFactor 2 | GT Pro Admin

Gesperrt
Carsten Schulze
rFactor 2 | GT Pro Admin

GT Pro Series | Season 9 ends now.

Beitrag von Carsten Schulze » 28. Oktober 2019, 20:13:46

Dear simracers and participants of season 9,

Unfortunately Simracing United's GT Pro Series did not make it to 18 or more participants.
This means, season 9 ends immediately.

Please see this as first, short, general information.
we are going to add a further post tomorrow latest.

Best regards,
Felix, Juergen and Carsten

Carsten Schulze
rFactor 2 | GT Pro Admin

Re: GT Pro Series | Season 9 ends now.

Beitrag von Carsten Schulze » 29. Oktober 2019, 20:05:36

Dear all,

as already announced yesterday, GT Pro Series' season 9 has ended before the 1st championship race.
With a total of 13 subscribed driver, we think, it does not make sense to start. Most of us would probably race alone after 20-30 minutes, without anybody in near distance. That would cause drivers to leave which would make the situation even worse. You get it.
It's a pity, but maybe not everybody likes the way we want to challenge the drivers in terms of tire management and a high training effort.

What's next?
Probably this is the end of the URD GTE mod in GT Pro Series. So first of all a new concept needs to be found. We will see, if GT1 MOD is converted from AC to rF2 or if there are other MODs out there.
Possibly we even won't stick to GT cars. It could also be any other kind of successor series.
Felix and Jürgen continue their admin job at SRU in rFLN series, together with Michael. Carsten is going to take a break from administrating a series, but he won't disappear either.

Personal summary:
Personally I experienced 8 great seasons overall without any memorizable trouble.
I joined GT Pro Series right before the last preseason race of season 1, joined the admin team participating the race reviews at mid of season 2 and took over the season together with Felix and other before 3rd season. Some admins left, later Jürgen joined the team. The transition to rFactor2 was a very exciting challenge and successful.
In general I am very thankful for tough and fair racing, drivers who nearly always behaved appropriate in forum which is rare nowadays and great admin colleagues over more than 8 seasons.
Of course, finally a special THANK YOU to my long-time team mate Marco!

Guys, we are really sorry to end season 9, but there will always be something else or new.
See you on track.
Best regards,
Carsten, on behalf of the admin team.

Gesperrt