race review: 3rd championship race in Monza

Moderator: rFactor 2 | GT Pro Admin

Gesperrt
Carsten Schulze
rFactor 2 | GT Pro Admin

race review: 3rd championship race in Monza

Beitrag von Carsten Schulze » 29. November 2018, 22:48:35

penalties given in previous races
The following drivers had to serve a qualification ban due to violations of the regulations in previous races:
- nobody

The following drivers had to serve a penalty due to violations of the regulations in previous races:
- Mike Horn (drive through-penalty): did not participate / penalty remains

qualification
The following drivers violated the "leaving the track" regulations in their fastest lap in qualifying:
- Martin Swaczyna, lap 3, TC 308.966
==> All mentioned drivers are given a drive-through-penalty.

The following drivers violated the ESC prohibition in qualifying:
- nobody

review of the formation lap

Magnus Algotsson, TC 344
"Sudden braking or acceleration [..] have to be avoided at all costs." (see regulations C/$1/3)
But there was no obvious danger at any time.
==> first warning to Magnus Algotsson

Thord Jonsson, TC 293 - 303
"Sudden braking or acceleration [..] have to be avoided at all costs." (see regulations C/$1/3)
But there was no obvious danger at any time.
==> first warning to Thord Jonsson

Danny ter Maten, TC 406.481
Danny ter Maten exceeds the speed limit of 60 km/h between reaching the pit limiter line and the green flag signal. (regulations: C/§1/3)
==> 4 penalty points to Danny ter Maten

Magnus Algotsson, TC 407.378
Magnus Algotsson exceeds the speed limit of 60 km/h between reaching the pit limiter line and the green flag signal. (regulations: C/§1/3)
==> 4 penalty points to Magnus Algotsson

review of the first lap
Martin Swaczyna, TC 412.7 - 422.1
At green flag signal Martin Swaczyna overtakes Joris Scheepvaart. About a meter later Martin leaves the track, but instead of going back on to the track, he stays beside and also overtakes Andre Gaida and Marjan Kodermann.
That means Martin gained 2 positions (=2 points) by overtaking besides the track.
We decide as follows: penalty = 2 x gained points
==> 4 penalty points to Martin Swaczyna

Lars Nowack vs. Rene Wagner, TC 436
While turning in into turn 1 Rene Wagner sets himself nearly next to Lars Nowack. Lars who drives on the right side move so far to the left, that there is no room left for Rene who is sliding on top of the sausage curb - even until the apex of turn 2.
A short acceleration of Rene is enough to make Lars spin about 60 degrees and slide into the gravel on the left side. Rene has to slow down extremely (~ 23km/h) in order to avoid hitting Lars' spinning or sliding car.
Both drivers loose a few positions.
Finally the issue is mainly caused by Lars, but Rene also not completely innocent.
==> no further action

Danny ter Maten vs. Martin Ulrik, TC 455
Heading towards turn 2 Danny ter Maten overtakes Martin Ulrik on the right side of the track. Martin brakes a few meters later, while Danny moves a bit to the inside and to Martin. Finally both cars touch and Danny decides to drive across the gravel trap in order to avoid any serious accident or spinning.
After that Danny is still in front of Martin and both cars are in the same spot as before touching.
==> no further action

pit exit
The following drivers crossed the pit exit line:
- nothing

parking the car in the pits after checkered flag
The following drivers did not park their car or without other's help in the pits after checkered flag:
- nobody

prohibited chatting
- nobody

drivers subscribed to the race without participation
- not relevant (Currently there are 38 or less drivers subscribed to the season.)

participation without subscription
- not relevant (Currently there are 38 or less drivers subscribed to the season.)

protests

protest by: Marc Paulaner
protest against: Rickard Nilsson
time code: 1083.556
description:
"Rickard Nilsson and myself were running down into the first chicane. I have tried to defend my position on the inside and we turn in side by side into the right hander. After that, i was a little bit in front of him, tried to give him a bit of space.
Unfortunately he has touched my right rear into the left hander, which wasn't any problem, but he started to accelerate (still touching my rear left) which forced me into a spin."

comment and decision by race stewards:
Marc Paulaner's description suits the given situation.
==> 8 penalty points to Rickard Nilsson

counter protests
- nothing (Counter protests may be sent within 48 hours this thread is publicated.)

3rd time not participating in a row

specials / rarities

The following drivers used another driver's car:
- Mark Oliver Thiel (whole event)
annotation: Mark Oliver Thiel drove his team mate's car (#77). This does not have any effect on weight, information in Stream or anything else.
==> first warning to Mark Oliver Thiel

Carsten Schulze
rFactor 2 | GT Pro Admin

Re: race review: 3rd championship race in Monza

Beitrag von Carsten Schulze » 3. Dezember 2018, 19:25:40

The review of the 3rd championship race is completed.
All valid protests and counter protests were processed.
standings updated

Gesperrt