5th championship race in Baku on Jan 22, 2019

Moderator: rFactor 2 | GT Pro Admin

joris scheepvaart
Rookie

Re: 5th championship race in Baku on Jan 22, 2019

Beitrag von joris scheepvaart » 23. Januar 2019, 21:25:45

Kim Strohmann hat geschrieben:
23. Januar 2019, 17:37:29
Well, this and at least the last move on the s/f straight. Sorry Joris :)
well deserved Kim!

i have had so much luck till that last lap ...

1st the collision between the 2 green flashes ..which gave me 2 spots already
then this mega crash in lap 3... which allowed me to overtake lots more cars (incl. 3 more green flashes+1 green kappeler ferrari)

so losing a spot to another green/white ferrari and finishing on P10 didn't feel so bad ;)

Matthias Weber
Rookie

Beitrag von Matthias Weber » 23. Januar 2019, 23:08:56

Woah, what to say?
Startet training on 21st of January, crashed at every second lap and was way off pace. Then missing qualifying because of work, but starting from the back wasn't that bad, so i could try to learn the track better and avoid the walls. At the start the car in front of me was missing, so i didn't know if i'm allowed to close the gap. At first i stayed away, but the game gave me some warning about getting to far away, so i closed the gap, i hope that was ok.
The race itself went better than expected, hat a lot of luck avoiding some crashes and did not creat own ones. Only made two mistakes, one after my pitstop by completely misjudging the braking point for turn 2. And one at the last lap, braked way too late on turn 2 trying to defend my position against Felix. After that my tires were mad at my, missind turn 2 again.

So P12 at the end is quite ok, lacking so much pace in the race.

My conclusion for Baku:
- great track, amazing to drive with GT Cars
- had maxed out graphics setting, wich was way too much for my PC, so hab onyl between 30 and 50 fps the whole race...
- that lighting conditions were a massive challenge, missing my "braking marks" many times

Thanks for the stream! Congratulations to the podium and to my teammate Joris, who did an amazing job!

Felix Heinen
rFactor 2 | GT Pro Admin

Beitrag von Felix Heinen » 24. Januar 2019, 02:08:26

Marjan Koderman hat geschrieben:
23. Januar 2019, 20:26:41
How can we add raceview.nl results in your stream? Is that an OBS add ON?
You can find it here: http://raceview.nl/overlay?user_id=SimR ... o%20Series

Just use the right croma key in OBS filters

Markus Walter
Administrator

Beitrag von Markus Walter » 24. Januar 2019, 15:48:39

At the bottom line it is a nice track, I like those narrow city circuits. Unfortunately I got involved in an accident I couldn't avoid. Car needed repairs and so I joined the track with almost a lap down again.

Let's look forward to Spa. Still my favorite race track and still no win there in the gt pro series :)

Marjan Koderman
Rookie

Beitrag von Marjan Koderman » 25. Januar 2019, 15:58:26

Adelaide please :auto-checkeredflag:
Great race for me. Maybe I was scared sometimes, when you overtook me on the strainght. With rear aero -7. Did not understand...
Felix Heinen hat geschrieben:
24. Januar 2019, 02:08:26
23. Januar 2019, 20:26:41
How can we add raceview.nl results in your stream? Is that an OBS add ON?
You can find it here: http://raceview.nl/overlay?user_id=SimR ... o%20Series

Just use the right croma key in OBS filters
I'll try. It works only on SRU server, not on the other? Thx anyway...
See ya on comodore style SPA :auto-checkeredflag:
Dizel Race Team
Gigabyte X470 Aorus ULTRA GAMING, AMD Ryzen 7 2700 BOX AM4, 8x 3.20GHz, G.Skill F4-3000C16D-16GISB 16GB (2x,8GB) DDR4, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1060, ,Dell U2412M, DSD Button Box, CSL Elite PS4, CSL LC

Danny ter Maten
Rookie

Beitrag von Danny ter Maten » 25. Januar 2019, 18:17:56

25. Januar 2019, 15:58:26
I'll try. It works only on SRU server, not on the other? Thx anyway...
See ya on comodore style SPA :auto-checkeredflag:
Nintendo 32 bit xD

Is the track going to be changed to the laserscanned version?

There was someone in the livestream who mentioned that sometimes RF2 looks good (Baku) and sometimes like a comodore or Nintendo 32 bit (This Spa), his statement really will be confirmed :D
Looks are not even that important to me personally.. but the track is just no Spa.. Black hawk, no need to practice your asses off.. my Ferrari can only handle the pits.. when its leaving it, it goes automatically in reverse and hides in the box.
Living my life a track lap at a time, nothing else matters... for those two minuts or less... I'm free!

To visit the renewed Corse Motorsports website, click here: Corse Motorsports website.
J
Corse Motorsports

Danny ter Maten
Rookie

Beitrag von Danny ter Maten » 25. Januar 2019, 23:24:19

@ administration:

I see that when you have pressed esc during qualification you get a Qualification ban. In all honesty i must admit that I have pressed escape as well as i ran out of fuel on the track during the qualification.

I had no more time to go into the pits after my second to last attempt to get Pole. So i used my inlap fuel to do another hotlap and after that hotlap i had never enough fuel to do a lap to get into the pits.

Qualification ban accepted.... :confusion-shrug:
Living my life a track lap at a time, nothing else matters... for those two minuts or less... I'm free!

To visit the renewed Corse Motorsports website, click here: Corse Motorsports website.
J
Corse Motorsports

Martin Ulrik
Rookie

Beitrag von Martin Ulrik » 26. Januar 2019, 08:51:33

Q: P10. On my final lap i had a car slowly moving in left side towards turn 2. We're not really sure if he saw me or not. So got a bit distracted and lost 3 tents. Made up for them for rest of lap and were 2 tents up coming to the start/finish line. But may have cut a corner so decided it's was not worth getting a penalty. And backed off. Good choise as those 2 tents won't have made any difference.

Race: Placed myself right in middle of action into turn 1. So we're cautious which cost me a few positions. Few laps later, there was this crash in last sector. Lucky to go through there. That led to a chance to pass Alex which lost momentum through the chaos. Alex protected inside line and had to go for outside line. Nice little brake duel going side by side through turn 1. Into turn 2 I had to back off. Alex quickly pulled some seconds away. Rest of race my main focus were not to let David get close and of course not hitting those walls. Had to have some distance to David coming to pits. As those Corvette don't need much fuel. Worked out. Finished P6

Conclusion: Happy to be P6. Goal before race were to gain a bit for top 3 in overall standings. This were good until I got penalty points for pit exit. Damn.
Next up SPA, which should be good track for my Porsche.

joris scheepvaart
Rookie

Beitrag von joris scheepvaart » 26. Januar 2019, 11:04:24

Danny ter Maten hat geschrieben:
25. Januar 2019, 23:24:19
@ administration:

I see that when you have pressed esc during qualification you get a Qualification ban. In all honesty i must admit that I have pressed escape as well as i ran out of fuel on the track during the qualification.

I had no more time to go into the pits after my second to last attempt to get Pole. So i used my inlap fuel to do another hotlap and after that hotlap i had never enough fuel to do a lap to get into the pits.

Qualification ban accepted.... :confusion-shrug:
hi danny
you are allowed to press the <ESC> button whilst you are on track in a qually session without being penalized...
however if you do that... your session ends immediately (ie you are not allowed to drive anymore during that same qually session)

but If you continue driving after you pressed <ESC>...THEN you get this penalty next race.

also i am confused about your post ...because you didn't get a qually ban after last race :doh:

Danny ter Maten
Rookie

Beitrag von Danny ter Maten » 26. Januar 2019, 17:03:31

Ahh okey i see :) No worries then! I did not continue driving.

My last race? I didn't do anything wrong in my last race except that i didnt make the in-lap fuel wise.. but the penalty for that is that i lose my bonus points...

J
Corse Motorsports

Antworten