5th championship race in Baku on Jan 22, 2019

Moderator: rFactor 2 | GT Pro Admin

joris scheepvaart
Rookie

Re: 5th championship race in Baku on Jan 22, 2019

Beitrag von joris scheepvaart » 26. Januar 2019, 18:21:29

Danny ter Maten hat geschrieben:
26. Januar 2019, 17:03:31
Ahh okey i see :) No worries then! I did not continue driving.

My last race? I didn't do anything wrong in my last race except that i didnt make the in-lap fuel wise.. but the penalty for that is that i lose my bonus points...
this was the only error for you in Baku...doesnt cost you any points this time arround ...but be carefull next time :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
review of the formation lap

Danny ter Maten, TC 402.459
"Sudden braking or acceleration [..] have to be avoided at all costs." (see regulations C/$1/3)
But there was no obvious danger at any time.
==> first warning to Danny ter Maten
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Danny ter Maten
Rookie

Beitrag von Danny ter Maten » 26. Januar 2019, 19:17:23

ahh yes.. I accept it.. but it looks a bit of a grey zone.

As i remember it this was done the last races when i drove behind the top 3 as well at the end of the formation lap.. to get some space between yourself and the one behind you. In the testrace i had Kim Strohmann in front of me after we had to drive on the pit limiter while i was on pole.. dunno if thats correct?! but thats why i thought ok.. lets get some space :D

See how much the 40kg counts.. i reacted quicker than Sascha to the green flag.. and he was next to me already when we started braking into T1 :D makes no sense to have pole position otherwise :D
Living my life a track lap at a time, nothing else matters... for those two minuts or less... I'm free!

To visit the renewed Corse Motorsports website, click here: Corse Motorsports website.
J
Corse Motorsports

Kim Strohmann
Rookie

Beitrag von Kim Strohmann » 26. Januar 2019, 19:46:20

Yes, i was in front because i never did this accelerate/braking thing.
Just standing on the brake in the 3rd sector to get the brake warm and trying to hold the 60kmh as good as possible.
Of course i wanted to be almost on your side, but to be honest, that was not possible with this acclerating/braking.
I put the limiter on at the line. Yes it was wrong that i was in front, but thats what happening when you are doing this, in my oppion, annoying thing.
Especially because this can lead to an accordion effect and crashes in the back.
If you left too much space you will get a penalty from the game.

I think this the main reason why this rule exists.

And it doesn't matter where i am driving. It just adds some disturbance to the grid, that is why it really annoys me.

Just my 0,02 Cents :)
Bild

Danny ter Maten
Rookie

Beitrag von Danny ter Maten » 28. Januar 2019, 14:52:26

Good to see :)

Ill keep an eye out for it next time... but in Spa i will be in the back so no troubles from my side
Living my life a track lap at a time, nothing else matters... for those two minuts or less... I'm free!

To visit the renewed Corse Motorsports website, click here: Corse Motorsports website.
J
Corse Motorsports

Antworten