Carsten Schulze
rFactor 2 | GT Pro Admin

3rd championship race in Monza on Nov 27, 2018

Beitrag von Carsten Schulze » 22. November 2018, 19:47:01

Bild

start eligibilty
Entitled to start are all drivers who
- are assigned to a green license (see GT Pro Series | licenses),
- submitted a skin which matches the painting regulations (deadline: Sunday, November 25, 2018, 4 pm - local time in Germany).

track map
Bild

data and server settings
training: 07:00 pm*
qualifying: 08:00 pm*
warm-up: 08:20 pm*
race start: 08:25 pm*
race duration: 75 mins
*local time in Germany

join period: training & warm-up
ingame - race start time: 02:00 pm
flags: black only
fuel consumption: normal
tire wear: normal
failures: normal
view: freely selectable
auto pilot: no
damage multiplier: 70%
driving aids: auto shift, auto clutch, traction control + ABS (via setup)
setup: freely selectable
real road preset: light or medium rubbered / natural progressing
start: rolling (standing start into the formation lap behind the pace car, flying start into the race)
time multiplier: normal
driver swap: not allowed
rejoin: allowed (for details see regulations C/§2/(2))
additional ballast: top8 drivers of the previous championship race
pit speed limit: 60 km/h

server: ! SR-U.net GT Pro Series
password: same as the one for the training server

penalties
- Mike Horn: drive through-penalty
==> remember: Penalties have to be served within the first 15 race laps after formation lap.

specials and annotations
- Michael Kipp & Danny ter Maten will share a pit spot in Monza.

live timing / hotlaps
live timing (I)
hotlaps (I)
live timing + hotlaps (II)

weather forecast
Weather Athens, Georgia USA
Weather station Boulevard Neighborhood Station
Weather radar Athens, Georgia USA

REPLAYS

RACE STATISTICS

Carsten Schulze
rFactor 2 | GT Pro Admin

Re: 3rd championship race in Monza on Nov 27, 2018

Beitrag von Carsten Schulze » 26. November 2018, 17:43:02

important information / annotation:
Michael Kipp & Danny ter Maten will share a pit spot in Monza.

But as far as I know, Michael Kipp will not participate in Monza.

The information is also available in 1st post of this thread.

Carsten Schulze
rFactor 2 | GT Pro Admin

Beitrag von Carsten Schulze » 27. November 2018, 18:52:33

Race server is online.

Carsten Schulze
rFactor 2 | GT Pro Admin

Beitrag von Carsten Schulze » 27. November 2018, 22:30:27

replays and race statistics added to 1st post

Martin Ulrik
Rookie

Beitrag von Martin Ulrik » 27. November 2018, 23:01:48

Qual: P6. Happy with that

Race: Could not get comfortable with low downforce setting. So had to ad some wing. That was not good. Felt like i was standing still on straights. Made a bad judgement on were Conny. N were into turn 2 and closed the door to agressive. My bad. Lost quite a few positions there. After that i ended in heavy traffic with other cars just cound slip stream me way to easy. After some laps (not sure how many) i had a car on the inside into Ascari. Felt like i gave enough room. Not much, but enough. But we touch and i got spun around, sitting just on the racing line. Quick in reverse and tried to get off race line. Unfortunately Lars. N hit me hard. And both our cars had heavy damage. Really sorry for that. After repair i was 2 laps down and motivation lost. Did some laps to the point were i could start to see the back of grid. Instead of trying to unlap myself, i decided to park in garage. Get some cheescake and watch rest of stream.

Conclusion: Bad choise on setup, bad jugdement, bad damage. Only good thing. No ballast at Barcelona which should suit Porshe well.
See you guys next time.

Conny Naslund
Rookie

Beitrag von Conny Naslund » 27. November 2018, 23:33:32

Bad start from my part as I feared, but I really wanted to stay in the race this time so I took it very carefully and I then just put my head down and started to get my positions back. Martin misjudged my position slightly in the second chicane. No hard feelings though 🙂. I took some damage to my front splitter so I got some slight understeer for the rest of the race. Lost alot of pace and time early on, figthing for position. In hind sight I should have taken the softs. That might have given me a shot at the podium. At the end I had calculated my fuel wrong as there was one more lap that the test race, so I was shortshifting and saving like carzy at the end, making it to the pits with 0.1 liter 😅. Felt good to finally get a race completed.

Kim Strohmann
Rookie

Beitrag von Kim Strohmann » 28. November 2018, 07:13:42

Survived!

Never. Never, never ever have I thought that I could finish this race anywhere near the top 10.
60kg, no real feeling for the car. 1-2 setup changes made it little bit better since monday, but the lack of top speed...
Well. Forgot that we have an engine mapping... :doh:

The race itself was not THAT intense. 2-3 short, but good, battles. I knew that the s7 tires could last at least one stint and to be honest I just wanted a car which is good to drive in the second stint, as it would not be possible to hold Carsten and Marco after the stop(or before if i would stayed out), so i changed the tires. Which really helped towards the end.

Just happy. No damage. Top10 result. Additional ballast for Barcelona which will be 100% the reason for any bad result...
Not looking forward, as i don't really like this circuit. ;)

And as someone posted it in the last race, here is my view of the race. :)
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/341483031
Bild

joris scheepvaart
Rookie

Beitrag von joris scheepvaart » 28. November 2018, 11:34:43

Just after qually, i was still doubting between S7 and S8 tire choice for the race...because of the low tire-temps
Then i decided to make some last-minute setup changes to increase tire-temps during race and to remain on S8.
This gamble paid off well during the race... and i was able stay out of trouble ..keeping my tires in good shape.. and finish on P13 in the end :)

Had some nice fights ...only had one scary moment :doh: ...where martin ulrik was blocking the chicane (after an Accident) near Ascari..so i decided to drive through the gravel trap instead.
Martin also decided the gravel trap was a safer place to be..and put his car in the gravel trap as well .. Lars who was in front of me... collided with him...but luckily i was able to avoid the accident. :whistle:

See you on track in Barcelona!
Zuletzt geändert von joris scheepvaart am 28. November 2018, 16:29:31, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Marjan Koderman
Rookie

Beitrag von Marjan Koderman » 28. November 2018, 12:50:25

My hotlap pace was been around P10- P15.
Unfortenatly Lesmo 2 put me into the wall. I smell it. Becouse i didnt find a setup, who did not bumping and oversteering my car in that corner. With 1 min repair my race goes to "forget it".
Thx for organization and everything...
Dizel Race Team
H87M-P33, i5 4570, gf1060 6Gb,Dell U2412M, DSD Button Box, CSL Elite PS4, CSL LC

Felix Heinen
rFactor 2 | GT Pro Admin

Beitrag von Felix Heinen » 28. November 2018, 13:11:51

I was very pleased with P4 in quali. Never thought that this could be possible but found a very good qaulisetup on monday. Unfortunately this set didn't work for the race as it burned the rear tires. So i thought my pace wouldn't be that good in the race.

Start of the race was good an i managed to stay in P4 until the begining of lap two where Rickard spun me out in the first chicane and i lost a few places. Through driving errors of some people i got back into P6 just before the pitstops started. Unfortunately i got a drive through penalty for speeding in pitlane and after my penalty i came out in p12. I had a nice fight with timo and managed to climb up to p11. Without the stupid penalty i could have finished the race in p6 or even p5. So in the end i am not very happy with my position.

Here is also my livestream from this event.

Antworten