9. Wertungslauf in Spielberg am 05.09.2017

Moderator: rFactor 2 | GT Pro Admin

Foren Mitglied
Rookie

Re: 9. Wertungslauf in Spielberg am 05.09.2017

Beitrag von Foren Mitglied » 6. September 2017, 08:38:27

tsja leider ein kleines unfall mit Tim im erster runde...sorry dafur Tim

wegen unfall war lenkung krumm, bin dann an den box gefahren, um reparatur zu machen
danach konnte ich weiter fahren...am ende P26

hoffentlich nachstes mahl besser

Foren Mitglied
Erfahrener Pilot

Beitrag von Foren Mitglied » 6. September 2017, 13:27:48

Question. After looking at the stream, I notice that there is alot of lag going on. And my teammates also say that they had alot of lag, especially on 2:nd part of the track.
Did every one else also experiance this?

As for driving with VR, lag of any sort, be it from fps or server, is just a total killer and would explain why my pace was so totally off.

I'm trying to problemshoot what went wrong yesterday. And looking at it now, it might not have been my GPU after all. I could initially not understand what happened, but if there were connection issues and lag I do understand it a bit more.

Is there a way to see why rF2 crashed? I have very rarely had this problem.
I'm tempted to get a 1080ti, but if that does not solve it , then it's a waste of money...sort of.

Foren Mitglied
Erfahrener Pilot

Beitrag von Foren Mitglied » 6. September 2017, 14:20:41

Well the race was shit, just say it in an easy way, also it felt like we're playing PingPong here and not racing. Also the 15S&H was a big killer on this track and my different strategy doesn't worked out in any way i've expected.

The other problem was the huge FPS problems on this track, nearly everyone was having them and sometimes it was more thinking where you could drive then even knowing where you're driving. I would say that was also the problem for you Conny which ended in a game crash for you. If you're running trace you can check the faults of the game in the trace files or sending them to S397 and they can tell you what happened there exactly.

Two weeks to go now and then the mountain is calling, lets see what there will happened :)

Cheers

Foren Mitglied
Erfahrener Pilot

Beitrag von Foren Mitglied » 6. September 2017, 19:20:47

That was good news in the bad news ;)
Good as it was just not me and my new hardware, bad the way it hit us.
This makes it the more important that we get a good turnout for the practice race on wednesdays.
So we can see if a track will be difficoult when fully loaded.
I did a test with 28 AI last week, but it was offline of course and had no issues at all.

Could we run a session online with AI included to push the bounaries perhaps?

When it hits and you are using VR, it is just double trouble.
I so much want to drive rF2 on VR, but for now I just don't dare. :confusion-shrug:

With iRacing, VR is as slick as butter on a babys bottom :crying-pink:
Seems they have come the furtherst in optimizing it.

Still thinking of getting an 1080ti though :romance-hearteyes: ;)

Foren Mitglied
Rookie

Beitrag von Foren Mitglied » 6. September 2017, 19:43:58

Strangly from other things that happened i cant say that i had THAT much stutter. But i had two or so major lags that was just for a 10th of a second. but other than that it was smooth, but i have also heard that there are more people that says that rf2 is tougher on Occulus than on Vive.

I run it on the vive and it seems that it handles RF2 better than occulus.

Foren Mitglied
Rookie

Beitrag von Foren Mitglied » 9. September 2017, 00:35:47

Quali:
War mehr darauf bedacht nicht zu cutten, als eine wirklich gute Runde auf der letzten Rille hinzulegen. Von daher war P9 echt gut und damit war ich auch zufrieden

Rennen:
Den Start recht gut hinbekommen, musste mir dann allerdings mich Alex auf der 2. Gerade geschlagen geben. In T4 war Martin auf einmal vor mir quer zu Fahrichtung stehend. Trotz Vollbremsung sagte ich zu meiner Front zum Abschied leise Servus und so ging es in die Box. Entsprechend war mein Rennen recht einsam, wurde dann nach einiger Zeit überrundet. So fuhr ich Runde um Runde ohne große Highlight, ausgenommen einem Dreher in der letzten Kurve, der mir 20 Sekunden und damit womöglich ein Platz um 20 herum kostete. So fuhr ich entsprechend auf P22 ins Ziel.

Fazit:
Mein 1. Heimrennen und dann sowas, aber ein großer Fan dieser Strecke bin ich ja auch wieder nicht. War natürlich etwas unglücklich, aber das gehört nun mal auch dazu. Kann ja nur besser werden! :)
Mitglied der Green Flashes

Foren Mitglied
Profi-Fahrer

Beitrag von Foren Mitglied » 10. September 2017, 14:02:00

@ Markus Frühauf:
Wenn alles läuft, wie ich's mir vorstelle, bekommst du nächste Saison die Chance auf Wiedergutmachung beim Heimrennen. ;)

Gesperrt